Tuesday 16 July 2013

, , , , ,

Crochet cushions

It would seem I'm "hooked" < groan! > on crochet at the moment! 


I started out with the idea of making a HUGE granny square blanket, however, after a while, I got rather bored. 


So instead of wasting the fabric swatch I'd made, I decided to turn it into a cushion ;)


Having never made a cushion before in my life, I ended up using an old Cath Kidston pillow case and hand sewing a basic envelope style back. 

Inspired by cute crochet trims I'd seen online, I tied it all together using the same cream I'd used for the front for a dinky little edging, crocheted onto a basic blanket stitch. I still need to sew a few mother of pearl buttons on to finish but it's holding together perfectly well and is now my cushion of choice when on the sofa!


I was fired up after my (sort of) success so made another cushion using this Vintage Ripple pattern by Churchmouse Yarns & Teas which I absolutely ADORE and after a dubious attempt at turning my ripple into a square (ish lol) I cheated and used an old jumper to make the back, inspired by Attic24's jumper cushion back cover post here





Ta dahhhhhh!

2 squishy new cushions :D



xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment